- Husband and father of four.
- Omaha native and 1985 graduate of Creighton University
- Local Business Owner and longtime Business Development professional
- Current member of the Douglas County Board representing northern Douglas County's District 7
- Served District 10 in the Nebraska Legislature from 2003 through 2009. Chairman of the Legislature’s Committee on Urban Affairs
- Appointed in 2009 by then Governor Dave Heineman to serve as Nebraska’s first Director of the Office of Violence Prevention